Power & Source of Big Ideas

Dual CSI OV13850 camera feed

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Morning,

I'm hoping to get motion to read both OV13850 cameras simultaneously. Can this be done?

I've noticed that some progress has been made on the Firefly RK3399 board in this area:
http://bbs.t-firefly.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2490&extra=

If it can be done on the NanoPi M4 then that'd be great.

Thanks
To use dual-camera mode kernel need to be build with "new" rkisp1, while friendlyelec come with "old" rkisp10(and armbian can be recompiled with "old" ISP too) - so only one camera in time can work.

I am just return from vacation to continue evaluate this question, so I will inform you in case of any progress :)
Thanks for that. I think a lot of people on here would see a benefit of streaming dual mipi cameras via motion for example. There's a lot of potential for smoother video that we can utilise here for robotics and VR (and both for what I'm hoping to achieve).
super64 wrote:
Thanks for that. I think a lot of people on here would see a benefit of streaming dual mipi cameras via motion for example. There's a lot of potential for smoother video that we can utilise here for robotics and VR (and both for what I'm hoping to achieve).

it's much more easy - use new build form FriendlyElec from 20190511 - it's include dual-camera support with new ISP driver and example gstreamer script from the box