Power & Source of Big Ideas

New 20190625 Ubuntu update can't find SSD nvme

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Since I got my NanoPC-T4, I have been running the friendlydesktop 20181219 image. When I accidently installed some software under the wrong user, I decided to reinstall Ubuntu completely. I took this opportunity to check to see if a new version was available and there was a new version, 20190625. I downloaded it, and installed it on my NanoPC-T4. But I quickly found that the new version can't find my SSD nvme card. I reloaded the new OS again, and it still couldn't find the card. I thought it might be because the card was installed while I loaded the OS, so I removed the card again and reinstalled the OS. I booted the NanoPC once without the card, and then again, once I reinstalled the card. The new OS still could not find the SSD nvme card. So I went back to the old 20181219 friendlydesktop and it found the card right away. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone been able to use a SSD nvme card with the new 20190625 OS? Can someone at friendlyarm test the NanoPC-T4 with a SSD nvme card and the 20190625 friendlydesktop to see if they have the same problem? I used the rk3399-eflasher-friendlydesktop-bionic-4.4-arm64-20190625.img.zip file. I believe I got it from the google drive download.