Power & Source of Big Ideas

Mipi3508 3.5" HDMI Display-B 480x320 dots v1.2

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,

I buy an Mipi3508 3.5" HDMI Display-B 480x320 dots v1.2 compatible with rasberry pi, but I didn't know the touch by GPIO pins will not work on my new nanopi m4v2.

Anyone is able to put it to run on nanopi?
I just checked out the manual and the LCD connections to the PI show that the touch controller is via the SPI interface but I can't make out the IC they user but I have a suspicion they are using the AD7843 or similar. Can you read the part number on the SSOP part next to the GPIO connector? I think this is a 20 pin device.

There is a good chance you might be able to find a suitable driver if you can identify the touch IC.
Hi,

thanks for reply

I'm able to take a photo and zoom it, it says XPT2046 it came with a cd with some documents and pin out info,
I will share on my google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eOYgGS9YlTOGAAW5F308ZlrFi1DJTaEj?usp=sharing

thanks for help
I assume you are running Ubuntu on this board as you posted in the Ubuntu forum?

The XPT2047 is the same as the ADS7846 so you'll need to try and find a driver for this or roll your own. A search does find some Raspberry Pi versions.
Im using rk3399-eflasher-friendlydesktop-bionic-4.4-arm64-20191227
Your only option to get this working is to either find an SPI based driver for the XPT2047/ADS7846 and try getting this to work on your board or you may need to write your own if none exists. The ADS7846 is very easy to use and once you have calibration done, it will work well. Once you configure it, it generates an interrupt when someone touches the panel so all you need to do is read the registers, translate to pixel coordinates and away you go.
I want to use mipi3508 3.5 HDMI If no problem occurs
Service Apartments Gurgaon
v8dave wrote:
Your only option to get this working is to either find an SPI based driver for the XPT2047/ADS7846 and try getting this to work on your board or you may need to write your own if none exists. The ADS7846 is very easy to use and once you have calibration done, it will work well. Once you configure it, it generates an interrupt when someone touches the panel so all you need to do is read the registers, translate to pixel coordinates and away you go.

Hi, thanks for reply
I did some searching on ADS7846 driver and I got here https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=173993#p1131080 this turorial does not work form me but have a link to the driver, https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show/issues/188. in my case I must run the file

Code: Select all

sudo ./MPI3508-show
and I did it, afters solve some dependencies I finaly got it to fully run with ou erros, but it doesn't work.
I compare the pinout and the gpio from rasberrypi and nanopi doesn't match they have the same 40 pins but they are not called the same gpio:

Do You know I can I set different GPIO?

Thanks
To get this to work, you need to make sure you select the correct SPI interface. Next up is working out the GPIO and changing the source to map it to the RK3399. The WiFi has a good section on how to deal with mapping GPIO names to GPIO pins. The Raspberry PI is for the Broadcom processor and hence the GPIO will be different. You have the drawings for your board so it should be a simple case of working out what is connected to what.
v8dave wrote:
To get this to work, you need to make sure you select the correct SPI interface. Next up is working out the GPIO and changing the source to map it to the RK3399. The WiFi has a good section on how to deal with mapping GPIO names to GPIO pins. The Raspberry PI is for the Broadcom processor and hence the GPIO will be different. You have the drawings for your board so it should be a simple case of working out what is connected to what.

Hi,

Thanks for reply!
I understand what you are saying but I don't know how to do it,
Are you suggesting to change the file MPI3508-show?

thanks