Folks,

I'm not very skilled/experienced on Linux, as I'm mainly a Mac guy (30+ years) from some very basic Unix knowledge.

I run a nanoPi M4 (4 GB with m.2 SSD HAT) as Knowledge Base and Timetracking server on Debian Buster.

I want to beef up all of my three FM radio receivers, which suffer bad, noisy reception during rain, with Bluetooth receivers and provide them with a constant audio stream from the web. It's cheap and instant on, compared to e.g. Airplay or the out of this world priced Sonos.

I bought this long range BT 5.0 aptX transmitter USB sticks, which really works well (on a Mac). Each transmitter can serve two receivers. Audio input can either be USB audio (digital) or 3.5 mm jack (analogue)

My idea is to
  • attach two of the BT 5.0 sticks to the nanoPi M4
  • route the M4’s audio to USB (Possible? Also with two USB sticks in parallel?)
  • constantly stream my favorite Radio Station

My question is, whether anyone here has done this or can help me/point me at how to do this!? Oh... The M4 runs headless and in „Command Line mode“ so to say. Login via SSH, so I need to set this up to work as a shell script.

Furthermore, it would be cool if I could make the BT transmitter sticks to ignore BT play/pause commands (I intend to hook up a BT speaker, which stupidly enough, has no power off switch (it instead sends pause/play commands).