Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPiM4V2 Armbian Focal - Slow 1080p decoding with MPV

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,
Fist let me know if the is the right place to post this...thanks.

Decoding 1080p is not great...cpu running almost 100% with 6 treads and very hot ! Display is 4K.

I am not very familiar with the MPV play and the list of options are intimidating !

What really bothers me is that the same video play perfectly on my NanoPiM4V2 with Android 10 and MPV player app while the AND the big heat-sink is barely warm. On Armbian, it gets over 70C with cpu clock limited at 1.8Mhz.

Ant hints would be greatly appreciated as the purpose of this NanoPIM4V2 is for playing media mostly 720p but the occasional 1080p on my 4k display.

Cheers,
Spirare wrote:
Hi,

Decoding 1080p is not great...cpu running almost 100% with 6 treads and very hot ! Display is 4K.

It's great - you just don't user proper approach: https://forum.armbian.com/topic/16516-r ... framework/
Spirare wrote:
Hi,

I am not very familiar with the MPV play and the list of options are intimidating !

What really bothers me is that the same video play perfectly on my NanoPiM4V2 with Android 10 and MPV player app while the AND the big heat-sink is barely warm. On Armbian, it gets over 70C with cpu clock limited at 1.8Mhz.

Ant hints would be greatly appreciated as the purpose of this NanoPIM4V2 is for playing media mostly 720p but the occasional 1080p on my 4k display.

Cheers,

Have you tried using panfrost?