Power & Source of Big Ideas

How to change keyboard language?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I am a super happy owner of a new NanoPC-T4 and succeeded in installing Friendly Desktop on the eMMC. Unfortunately almost everything goes wrong with my first Linux.

I changed language to German and it works but changing keyboard layout to German does not work at all. It stays US. All tips I found in the internet did not work.

Both
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup
did not change anything.

Keyboard stays US. I am very disappointed! Buying a US keyboard makes no sense because it has no German umlauts!

I found a drop-down menu at the title bar showing EN. I switched from English (US) to German (DE). After rebooting it stayed DE but the keyboard layout remains US! Nothing changed.
sidubutt wrote:
I am a super happy owner of a new NanoPC-T4 and succeeded in installing Friendly Desktop on the eMMC. Unfortunately almost everything goes wrong with my first Linux.

I changed language to German and it works but changing keyboard layout to German does not work at all. It stays US. All tips I found in the internet did not work.

Both
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup
did not change anything.

Keyboard stays US. I am very disappointed! Buying a US keyboard makes no sense because it has no German umlauts!

I found a drop-down menu at the title bar showing EN. I switched from English (US) to German (DE). After rebooting it stayed DE but the keyboard layout remains US! Nothing changed.

Try https://www.armbian.com/nanopc-t4/