Power & Source of Big Ideas

Changing Boot animation/logo in android

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to change the boot logos which show Rockchip and kernel on the startup?
Those will be in the Linux kernel and likely require a rebuild.

For Android boot you only need to change the bootanimation.zip file to add your own.
Hi,
I was able to change the Rockchip logo by compiling the kernel for T4, and replacing the resource.img file.
I know this is an old thread, but can you shed some light on how you did this? Where did you find this file?

Thank you!
I'll post here because the thread is current again...

I have found the necessary files and folders. All is good. I am having one issue though.

I replaced the image with the one I want, converted to have the proper resolution. The same as my screen. When the boot happens and image populates the screen, it works for a few seconds before re-blipping to a zoomed version, which goes off-screen. Then loads as normal.

Any ideas?
Hi,

I am facing the same question.
Did you find an answer ?

Thanks in advance !
These are my notes for installing Boot animation/logo for NanoPCT4 in Android8.1 and for Android10

Follow instructions from: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index. ... _animation

12.11 Custom logo and boot animation
12.11.1 On/Off
in device/rockchip/common/BoardConfig.mk file:
Change:
BOOT_SHUTDOWN_ANIMATION_RINGING := false
to:
BOOT_SHUTDOWN_ANIMATION_RINGING := true

12.11.2 Boot animation
Create or replace the following files in the Android source code directory:
kernel/logo.bmp
kernel/logo_kernel.bmp (if not shown during start-up, just copy logo.bmp to logo_kernel.bmp)
device/rockchip/common/bootshutdown/bootanimation.zip

Maybe it helps...