Power & Source of Big Ideas

AOSP Remove Sample Apps

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I'm building AOSP for the SOM-RK3399. I'd like to remove as many unnecessary apps/services as possible.

Specifically, how do I remove GPIO Sample, Lightning, RTC Sample, Serial Port Assistant, TfLiteCameraDemo, Watchdog Sample, WebView, and WifiDisplay?

I have removed the google folder when building but still see apps like the Play Store. How do I remove The Play Store, Contacts, Email, Music, and Sound Recorder?

Sorry if this is answered already, I couldn't find it.

Thanks!
You need to edit the Android.mk files to remove those from the build. It's quite a bit of work to find everything but start at the top and work through each directory and the resulting Android.mk files until you find them.

You will need to do a CLEAN on the output to purge anything from the previous builds and then do a complete rebuild.
v8dave wrote:
You need to edit the Android.mk files to remove those from the build. It's quite a bit of work to find everything but start at the top and work through each directory and the resulting Android.mk files until you find them.

You will need to do a CLEAN on the output to purge anything from the previous builds and then do a complete rebuild.

Just delete the contents of the output folder? Or is there a special command for this?
burniejm wrote:
Just delete the contents of the output folder? Or is there a special command for this?

That will work until the next time you rebuild the source. Better to edit the .mk files to create your own custom build and only include what you need.