Power & Source of Big Ideas

MIPI DSI panels in nanopi boards

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Is there anyone have success on adding dsi panels in the Android rk3399-android-8.1 kernel ? , any pioneers in the same area ,
i have a nt35521 IC panel trying to attach to the Nano Pi-m4 board .
helps are appreciated :D
Hardware-wise this looks fairly trivial but will require a PCB interconnect to generate the 3.3V and 1.8V needed by your panel and also to generate the 2.8V for the touch panel. You will also need an LED backlight driver. The MIPI DSI interface on the T4 only provides 5V.

You then need to modify the u-boot to add your LCD display timing and interface selection. After this, you need to also add this timing to the Linux kernel and then include them in your deployment.

I have not checked your panels timing but it might be close to the same 800x1280 used by FA for the HD702E eDP panel.

I have only just downloaded the Android source for the T4 and about to look at porting my LVDS IPS 7" LCD to that. I already have it working with Android 5.1 on the Nano PC T3 Plus.
v8dave wrote:
Hardware-wise this looks fairly trivial but will require a PCB interconnect to generate the 3.3V and 1.8V needed by your panel and also to generate the 2.8V for the touch panel. You will also need an LED backlight driver. The MIPI DSI interface on the T4 only provides 5V.

You then need to modify the u-boot to add your LCD display timing and interface selection. After this, you need to also add this timing to the Linux kernel and then include them in your deployment.

I have not checked your panels timing but it might be close to the same 800x1280 used by FA for the HD702E eDP panel.

I have only just downloaded the Android source for the T4 and about to look at porting my LVDS IPS 7" LCD to that. I already have it working with Android 5.1 on the Nano PC T3 Plus.

thanks dave , i have a separate pcb board which would generate the required input to the panel ,
i would post it if its successful with adding the panel .

should i add the timing commands in the dts/dtsi or directly add in driver for kernel loading , which would be better ? ,
any way the successful attempt will be posted here to benefit to some one !
I had a look through u-boot and the kernel for the Nano PC T3 Plus and I found the MIPI DSI drivers but they are not enabled in the kernel build that I have.

For the RK3399 there is a load of references to MIPI DSI in the kernel source but I would have no clue where to start.
Thank you so much for this. I was into this issue and tired to tinker around to check if its possible but couldnt get it done. Now that i have seen the way you did it, thanks guys
with
regards