Power & Source of Big Ideas

How to update the firmware to Android 9 Pie

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi All.

Is there any guidance to upgrade the Android 8.1 to 9.0 Pie or Newer version?
It would be very helpful if the entry point would be given.

Many Thanks

Sincerely yours

Best Regards,
JK
Not much from FA. They have done a few upgrades and it would be nice if they could write up a wiki page on what is required to create a version upgrade. ;)

I have been looking at how to jump to Android 9 and have 5.1 and 7.0 source so I was trying to figure out how to do this. The first part I think is getting the kernel to work on the board and then start on the AOSP from Google and add all the drivers etc needed for the FA boards.

Which board are you working with? I have the Nano PC T3 Plus and the Nano PC T4. I only recently started running 7.0 on the T3 and working on adding the SIMCOM driver to this and doubletap to wake.

Do you have any experience of working with the source code, kernel and AOSP? I'd be happy to setup a GITHUB for us to work on in getting Pie to run on the Nano PC T3 Plus. Not sure of the limited RAM is ideal for Pie but who says we can't try.

We could blog it all on my website for others to learn and we would have a repository to look back on. :)
PS. I see you posted this in the RK3399 forum so let's work on this for the T4 or other boards based on this processor.