Power & Source of Big Ideas

How to modify touch panel drivers

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi everyone,

I am using Nano Pi M4 v2 with AM-1280800P3TZQW-00H-AMPI display and Fujitsu NC01152-T101 restive touch panel with NC01850-B045RS dual touch control board (sunreadable display and resistive touch are due to application). The issue that the touch panel active area is bigger (and ofset) than the display active area and the touch punkt coordinates does not mach the display coordinates. It is more dramatic in landscape configuration when after using the Screen Zoom tool, the picture area was reduced on both directions (and it is not possible to zoom it in)... I have read something about simply editing the code that refers to x and y touch coordinates. Worth to try, but I could not find any way co access the Android files. I was trying to work with ADB but it is only asking for next dll lib.. My question is: how to access and navigate through the Android code on my device? Any tutorial "from zero to hero" would be welcome. I have the eMMC to SD card adapter and the serial to USB wire, may it be useful?

I was also trying to solve the touch panel issue with "calibration app" but what the calibration apps makes is for sure not calibrating the touch punkt coordinates...

In future I will try to connect to this device external sensors like MS5611 (I2C) and probably free access to the system may help to make it work...

Thank you for your support!
Hi Tom,

I've not used any resistive driver with Android but I do know for usre that you do need to calibrate them to get the correct coordinates to map screen to touch panel.

The ADS7846 is a resistive driver with SPI interface and you might find a driver for this in the kernel. Might be worth seeing how that handles the calibration?

What interface and driver are you using just now for the touch part? I see from Mouser that it is USB.

I too switched to a sunlight readable display but used one from Newhaven but that is capacitive touch and they have the touch coordinates preset in the driver IC.
Yes, ist is USB device. I have just plugged it in.