Power & Source of Big Ideas

5.4.40 linux kernel headers

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I have a recent download running on the NEO3 with Ubuntu 18.04 loaded. (from lsb command).

I am trying to install a realtek driver for the rt18812au and need to have the headers. Using dkms build gives error

Please install the linux-headers-5.4.40 package,

I didn't find an aarch64 set of headers on Ubuntu, only saw they have arm64 there.

Any suggestions? Is the build machine goods available for this or any friendlyarm platform somewhere? Sources and the like would be nice to allow modifications.
thanks
Jim
jws wrote:
I have a recent download running on the NEO3 with Ubuntu 18.04 loaded. (from lsb command).

I am trying to install a realtek driver for the rt18812au and need to have the headers. Using dkms build gives error

Please install the linux-headers-5.4.40 package,

I didn't find an aarch64 set of headers on Ubuntu, only saw they have arm64 there.

Any suggestions? Is the build machine goods available for this or any friendlyarm platform somewhere? Sources and the like would be nice to allow modifications.
thanks
Jim

Armbian and 8812AU works out of the box.
i am going to try armbian, but I've got a number of things that "run out of the box" already on Ubuntu. i really like armbian but may need and end up with Ubuntu for support purposes.

So was still wondering where the kernel build goods and ubuntu stuff is for this device if available.
thanks
Jim
jws wrote:
but may need and end up with Ubuntu for support purposes.

Going for Ubuntu would be a downgrade since Ubuntu has no dedicated support for this hardware and Ubuntu from FriendlyArm is not really more then a fixed kernel POC, a demonstration what a hw can do. It receive little to no update.

Upstream Ubuntu doesn't care outside mainstream and can't really match this
https://docs.armbian.com/#what-is-the-d ... bianubuntu