Power & Source of Big Ideas

Uart and GPIO usage on NEO3

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I recently bought a NEO3 and installed Ubuntu Core. I need to use the UART and some GPIO pins if possible. I cannot find any documentation. Has anyone got something worked out already? I need an extra UART for communication to an Arduino. I want to keep using the default UART for debugging and console. How can I enable the UART? I found out that /dev/ttyS2 is the console one, but ttyS0,1,3,4 don't seem to work. Please help.
Looking at the schematic UART1 and UART2 are the only 2 available. UART0 is connected to the Ethernet port.

UART2 is the debug port but UART1 should be available via the GPIO header. What is the ownership on the /dev/tty ports?

Is there a ttySAC* port?
osenbruggen wrote:
I recently bought a NEO3 and installed Ubuntu Core. I need to use the UART and some GPIO pins if possible. I cannot find any documentation. Has anyone got something worked out already? I need an extra UART for communication to an Arduino. I want to keep using the default UART for debugging and console. How can I enable the UART? I found out that /dev/ttyS2 is the console one, but ttyS0,1,3,4 don't seem to work. Please help.

Try Armbian. I think we already have overlays for all those features - if not, they are coming in next build.