Power & Source of Big Ideas

Basics of NanoPi R5C

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi, I just ordered a NanoPi R5C. Before I get it and start using it, I would like to ask some basic questions. Hope someone can help.
1. I plan to use it for NAS employing OMV. First I would like to boot up it with Debian Bull's Eye. Is it sufficient to flash a micro SD card with the proper Debian image, plug the micro SD card into the slot and simply start the unit?
2. There is a wiki about the OMV6 on NanoPi. However, I didn't find the instructions of how to install it on the R5C. I have installed OMV on Raspberry Pi by using the scripts that they provided. Is there an scripts for R5C as well.
Your help is greately appreciated!
Thank you very much.
twinclouds wrote:
Hi, I just ordered a NanoPi R5C. Before I get it and start using it, I would like to ask some basic questions. Hope someone can help.
1. I plan to use it for NAS employing OMV. First I would like to boot up it with Debian Bull's Eye. Is it sufficient to flash a micro SD card with the proper Debian image, plug the micro SD card into the slot and simply start the unit?
2. There is a wiki about the OMV6 on NanoPi. However, I didn't find the instructions of how to install it on the R5C. I have installed OMV on Raspberry Pi by using the scripts that they provided. Is there an scripts for R5C as well.
Your help is greately appreciated!
Thank you very much.

Rather try https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r5c/