Power & Source of Big Ideas

New R5S, can't boot any image!?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hello,

first R5S with case is very nice :) So i got an image, flash an sd-card and boot. Nothing, only FriendlyELEC logo on screen.

So i open the case and connect an uart cable. The pins for this have fallen victim to cost saving measures!?

Soldering iron and go...

https://pastebin.com/PPmBMNaM
I am having the same problem. I only get a steady SYS LED, and the R5S stays on the FriendlyELEC boot screen.

I don't have the hardware to hook up to the serial pins, any ideas what can be done?
Which image are you using ? I have three R5S, they work fine. I am using eflasher images (Ubuntu or Debian) on microSD 32G cards
I now have two more R5S and also have experience how to start them. My first one probably died because I got the wrong image.

The other two R5S work flawlessly. Nice device
mcamou wrote:
I am having the same problem. I only get a steady SYS LED, and the R5S stays on the FriendlyELEC boot screen.

I don't have the hardware to hook up to the serial pins, any ideas what can be done?

Which image did you write to sd card? debug pins are there for well debugging during development hehe, so makes sense for them not to be include