Power & Source of Big Ideas

WHY is download folder for NanoPi R5C complete EMPTY ?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Dear Moderators,

I am stunned.
Today I wanted to download an eflasher file for my NanoPi R5C.
( Debian11-BullsEye )

So I used the download link of Wiki FriendlyElec which guides me to a location :
“https://download.FriendlyElec.com/NanoPiR5C”

Then as an international user ( Region / Country: Europe / The Netherlands ) I choose option “Google Drive” and got the message :

“This Folder is Empy”

Q1: How on earth is this possible ?
Q2: If FriendlyElex is doing maintenance on this folder(s) why not leave a simple *.txt file here which explains what is happening and when data is again available !

Q3: I checked the same procedure for NanoPiR6S and also that folder was: Completely Empty !
So this problem is not only restricted to one Device but others face the same issue.

I post a strong request to the moderators of this forum not only to read but please take action and submit an answer because this influences directly the good support quality of FriendlyElec.

Thanks in Advance.
Johan
FriendlyElec-error-downloads.png
FriendlyElec-error-downloads.png (148.48 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
Attach the “evidence” as is reported by the Google Drive.

Attachments

It's not just the NanoPi R5C. It's all downloads. I was looking for Nanopi M4V2 downloads yesterday.
Now is working for R5C ... 14 feb 2023 10:28:40 CET

https://dl.friendlyelec.com/nanopir5c

onedrive-friendlyelec.png
onedrive-friendlyelec.png (43.67 KiB) Viewed 3648 times

https://dl.friendlyelec.com
OneDrive now showing - This item might not exist or is no longer available...
Open the link for downloads in an Incognito or Private browser window and the files will magically appear. Looks like an issue with One Drive.

One Drive is notoriously bad about large file downloads. It may be better to host downloads on a download service with mirrors or in torrents so we can all lift the download rate.
Private mode didnt help me. Nor does VPN to another country. Earlier i was able to download ONE file then back to the no files available that the others are getting trying to get a 2nd image. Trying to get it from the china site, the files come down as deb files, not images.

i have no idea why the move from google drive happened, but this is not working out and needs to either be moved back or fixed.
ziggy wrote:
Private mode didnt help me. Nor does VPN to another country. Earlier i was able to download ONE file then back to the no files available that the others are getting trying to get a 2nd image. Trying to get it from the china site, the files come down as deb files, not images.

i have no idea why the move from google drive happened, but this is not working out and needs to either be moved back or fixed.

Have you tried a different browser or clearing the cache for OneDive? You're describing the exact same symptoms I had. One file, then all files are missing. In a private window I can only download one file before I have to close it and start a new window. Gotta love Microsoft.

Which files are you after? I might can torrent them for you.
ya i did all the normal stuff. I think its just onedrive throttling us. It did finally give me files to load so i grabbed them while i could.

Looking today to see if any new versions and it looks like Google drive is back, much more reliable.

cmdrdeliver wrote:

Which files are you after? I might can torrent them for you.