Power & Source of Big Ideas

Connection refused after a while (FriendlyWRT / R5S)

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

On my R5S I have tried FriendlyElec, 21.02 and 22.03 from the official downloads. I have used the SD to eMMC install and everything seems to be ok.
Then I reboot and I'm able to log in and do whatever I like, but after a few minutes I get connection refused.
If I reboot I can use it again for like a minute or so, then it gives me connection refused. It doesn't even go to the Luci login screen.

I can enter the R5S through SSH within those few minutes as well, after that it also refuses to connect there.
But if I have logged in through SSH the R5S seems to be running, I can do things.

So it seems like OpenWRT itself crashes after a while? What can I do to check what is going on? I haven't seen anything in the logs. And the exact same thing is happening on 21.02 and 22.03.
I have only WAN connected at the moment as I want to set it up first (to a switch and router, so it gets an IP through DHCP).

Have tried reinstalling, reflashing the SD and reinstalling after that. Every single time it's the same.
I have ordered a new R5S from amazon, but the results are 100% the same.

I flash the SD to eMMC image, all goes well
I reboot the R5S without SD card and wait for let's say 10 minutes
The only cable connected is a cable to WAN (it's from my switch)
I browse to the assigned IP address and I get "connection refused" in my browser, but also through Putty.
When I reboot the R5S and go to it's IP directly after booting I can log in to OpenWRT
When I wait for a few minutes it's connection refused again.

"This site can’t be reached. x.x.x.x refused to connect."
But I am able to ping it and it replies.

Have tried multiple PD power supplies (Apple, OnePlus)

Is there anybody out here who can help me?
I have the same issue since I updated to firmware images released 19th September.
Both 22.03 and 21 series leave me with a almost complete dead router with in 24h.
IPv6 connections are not affected, but everything else, including DNS for the local network - IPv4 and IPv6 DNS.
So in essence Amazon streams continue to play and the laptop that uses external IPv6 DNS (via company VPN which is via IPv6).
The load gets high, but on SSH there is no process I could identify.
When the "crash" happens I only have a few seconds before the system gets super sluggish - and kills SSH Sessions after some time.

So please re-release the old 21 series images, they worked flawless for many weeks.