Power & Source of Big Ideas

I can't play videos on NanoPC T6 or R6S??

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I'm quite confused... I was planning to build a small entertainment centre in my living room and thought I'd replace my traditional PC with a mini PC, but on OpenWrt forum some guy said OpenWrt doesn't support video playback. So I can't play videos on the mentioned devices?
OpenWrt is a router operating system, not for playing videos. You can use Debian based one to play videos, but for something to playback videos, I'd use Kodi (better if your hardware has RF for remote).
butterfinger wrote:
I'm quite confused... I was planning to build a small entertainment centre in my living room and thought I'd replace my traditional PC with a mini PC, but on OpenWrt forum some guy said OpenWrt doesn't support video playback. So I can't play videos on the mentioned devices?

Armbian should do this.
butterfinger wrote:
I'm quite confused... I was planning to build a small entertainment centre in my living room and thought I'd replace my traditional PC with a mini PC, but on OpenWrt forum some guy said OpenWrt doesn't support video playback. So I can't play videos on the mentioned devices?slope game

That being said, there are alternative operating systems specifically designed for media playback, such as Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) or Plex. These platforms are optimized for multimedia consumption and offer extensive support for various video formats and streaming services.
butterfinger wrote:
I'm quite confused... space bar clicker I was planning to build a small entertainment centre in my living room and thought I'd replace my traditional PC with a mini PC, but on OpenWrt forum some guy said OpenWrt doesn't support video playback. So I can't play videos on the mentioned devices?

Instead of being used for viewing movies, OpenWrt is an operating system for routers. One that is based on Debian can be used to play movies, but if you want something that can play back videos, I would recommend using Kodi (it is much better if your hardware includes RF for remote control).