Hi,

I made a big mistake : I cloned the eflasher-updater git from the T6 and launched its script update.sh, the result was a black screen with an underline character blinking at the top left.

As I do not have windows, I tested upgrade_tool, it sees the T6 :

Code: Select all

$ ./upgrade_tool 
Program Data in /home/niff/.config/upgrade_tool
List of rockusb connected
DevNo=1   Vid=0x2207,Pid=0x350b,LocationID=21   Mode=Maskrom
Found 1 rockusb,Select input DevNo,Rescan press <R>,Quit press <Q>:1

---------------------Tool Usage ---------------------
Help:             H
[…]

but it shows something really scary when trying the PL command :

Code: Select all

Rockusb>PL
Reading partition info from device failed!
Rockusb>

There is another problem (?), its PDF (not translated:( only talks about a very few files (update.img, loader.bin, etc) but the images I downloaded from the gogol drive have plenty of .img (9 of them), there is also the DI command, but it is not documented and only talk about system.img, kernel.img and vendor.img (anyway, it also talk about partitions, but it seems I do not have any left).

So, did I bricked my T6 ?

if not, which Debian image shall I use to upgrade it and what is the procedure to do so ?

if yes, how can I recover this nice computer ? (I played a bit with the ubuntu jammy that came with it and even if I prefer Debian, it was snappy and impressive).

====================================== EDIT

I finally solved the problem by installing a Debian desktop image from a TF card.

BTW, it would be good to find a solution to avoid the automatic installation from a TF card, as one error and your system & data are out of the loop. Of course, backups are here for that, but if there is a solution (may be, IF it is possible, trigger the installation only if the MASKROM button is pressed ?)