Power & Source of Big Ideas

Cannot Boot from SD Card/ eflasher

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I installed an unofficial version of OpenWRT to the eMMC on my R6S using the friendlyWRT web interface. Everything worked great until I misconfigured the router. I'd like to reinstall that version of openWRT but am having no luck getting eflasher to work.

I hold the maskrom button (for 3 seconds) while connecting power and the sys light stays solid (instead of blinking "heartbeat" like it does when it boots to openWRT), but I am getting no video output and nothing happens after a couple hours. I have tried multiple SD-to-eMMC images, both with my custom image and with the defaults to no avail. I've also tried putting the image straight on the SD card with no luck, all I get is a solid red sys light. The light still does "heartbeat" if I don't hold the maskrom button while booting.
You need a USB A to Type C or USB to USB male to male cable to restore the firmware, is explained on the wiki https://wiki.friendlyelec.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_R6S , on a window pc download and install DriverAssitant_v5.1.1.zip, download rk3588-usb-friendlywrt-22.03-20230704.zip extract it and execute RKDevTool.exe,press and hold the “Mask” key and power on the device, you will see a “Found a new Maskrom device” click on Run wil restore the firmware

Attachments

Ensure the Maskrom Mode is Triggered Correctly:

Make sure you are correctly triggering the maskrom mode by holding the button for at least 3 seconds while connecting power.
Ensure that the router is completely powered off before attempting to trigger maskrom mode.
Check the user manual or documentation for your specific R6S router to confirm the maskrom mode initiation process.

Sometimes, router manufacturers release firmware updates or recovery methods to address specific issues. Check the manufacturer's website or forums for any relevant updates or information iphone file browser mac.

I hope one of the ways will be useful.