Power & Source of Big Ideas

How to use i2c in nano pc t6?

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

hello.
I am using nano pc t6.
The operating system is ubuntu 20.04.

I am trying to use it by connecting an ultrasonic sensor.
Ultrasonic sensors support only I2C communication.

I plan to use pins 3 and 5 of the 40-pin GPIO. According to WIKI, pins 3 and 5 are assumed to be i2c8. However, when I entered the i2cdetect -l command, I could not get the result i2c-8. What do I need to do to enable i2c-8?
It sounds like you're encountering some difficulty setting up the I2C communication for your ultrasonic sensor on your nano pc t6 running Ubuntu 20.04. Since pins 3 and 5 are supposed to be i2c8 according to the documentation, it's strange that you're not seeing the expected result when running the i2cdetect -l command.

One thing you could try is to manually enable the I2C interface in Ubuntu. You can do this by modifying the device tree overlay or configuration file. Make sure that the necessary I2C modules are loaded and configured correctly in the kernel.

Another thing to check is whether the I2C interface is enabled in the BIOS or UEFI settings of your nano pc t6. Sometimes, the I2C interface needs to be enabled at the hardware level before it can be used in the operating system.

If you're still having trouble, it might be helpful to consult the documentation or support resources for your nano pc t6 or Ubuntu 20.04. You could also try reaching out to the community forums or online forums for assistance from other users who may have encountered similar issues. Good luck!