Power & Source of Big Ideas

Android: Video encoder issues

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi,

I have this Android app that uses `react-native-webrtc` to grab the camera video stream and send it to a remote peer.
This app works in various Android devices, but it won't work in the Android 12 build for the NanoPC-T6.

I see the camera works fine (if I open the camera app OR even if I use WebRTC to grab the camera feed and just display it on the app locally via RTCView). However, I can't seem to encode the video to send over to the remote peer.

My guess is that this Android OS build is missing something related to video encoding? The Radxa Rock 5b board with their Android build seems to have the same issue, so I haven't found any RK3588 Android builds that work just yet.

Attachments

Update: I was able to get it working if I modify the SDP and enforce the use of AV1. Anything else (H264, VP8, VP9) doesn't seem to work. Are there currently any known issues with RK3588 codecs for Android?