Power & Source of Big Ideas

NanoPC T6 Android 12 audio dropouts

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

The NanoPC T6 with Android tablet or TV builds generally plays videos OK but I get a lot of audio dropouts. Playing in Kodi, using HDMI and passthrough to a Yamaha AVR. The problem seems to be worse with 4K HEVC than with H.264. It also seems to be worse if subtitles are enabled, or any other Kodi UI elements are being drawn over the video. Has anyone else encountered this? It seems like this might be something that could be fixed by using larger buffers for the audio data; as if the CPU is too busy drawing UI elements to keep the audio fed properly. Any ideas how to fix this?
Plain AC3 seems to have no troubles. EAC3, TrueHD all get disrupted by any other UI activity, even drawing subtitles seems to cause it.
Plain AC3 appears to be trouble-free. Any additional UI activity, even generating subtitles, appears to impair EAC3 and TrueHD.
doodle jump
I have the same problem. I've tried updating to a v21 kodi release and it seems to help; I also don't seem to have as bad of a problem with Jellyfin, but yeah I'm getting the same dropouts.

I get a similar dropout playing music when the visualizer changes modes.