Power & Source of Big Ideas

CM3588 NAS kit not recognizing multiple NVME SSDs

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

I am trying to get the CM3588 NAS kit to recognized 3 NVME SDDs. I have tried varying combinations of drives in slots. All slots are fine and all drives are fine if using only one drive. The syslog indicates Global duplicate ids for nsid1. In doing a search on the internet it looks like the SSD UUIDs need to be unique or a quirk added. Is this an issue with the particular SSDs that I am trying? Any hope of an update with the NVME_QUIRK_BOGUS_NID quirk added to the kernel?
I put a second NVMe onto my CM3588 NAS board to test this and both were recognized without an issue, so I suspect you're correct and it's related to the NVMe modules you're using.
I have 4 installed and they are all working properly. What is the output of "lsblk" command line?
I looked at the github kernel source for the OpenMediaVault image. https://github.com/friendlyarm/kernel-rockchip/blob/nanopi6-v6.1.y/drivers/nvme/host/pci.c It includes quirk statement for several NVME controllers. I returned my NVME module and ordered ones that match one of the quirks. Now all three are recognized. Alternatively I could have rebuilt the kernel myself with a quirk for the modules that I had, but I have never built a Linux kernel before and had issues getting a development environment installed on the board.