Power & Source of Big Ideas

Please add kernel headers to images

Moderators: chensy, FATechsupport

Hi there FriendlyElec team,

so I just got myself a cm3588 NAS and I'm trying to install ZFS-DKMS which fails because the kernel of the image is 6.1.25 but in the repos, kernel headers are available up to 6.1.0-17.

Would you please include the corresponding kernel headers to the kernel in your image or better yet, run a repo for your kernel images with all sources and headers?

Thank you!
I do have the same problem, while trying to install zfs.
Would you please include the corresponding kernel headers to the kernel in your image or better yet, run a repo for your kernel images with all sources and headers?
sgofferj wrote:
Hi there FriendlyElec team,

so I just got myself a cm3588 NAS and I'm trying to install ZFS-DKMS which fails because the kernel of the image is 6.1.25 but in the repos, kernel headers are available up to 6.1.0-17.

Thank you!

Concerns have been raised about ZFS-DKMS compatibility difficulties caused by kernel version differences. Requesting the inclusion of corresponding kernel headers in the image, or creating a repository for kernel images with extensive sources and headers, would considerably improve installation performance. I appreciate your attention to this problem.
There are two major problems with the openmedia image based on Debian 11 ("bullseye")
1) The zfs version from the repo is to old for kernel 6.1.25
2) The kernel headers from the debian repo are for 6.1.55

The debian 12 bookworm image fixes 1) - it is zfs 2.1.11, the only problem left is 2) - the repo kernel headers are 6.1.69.

I got zfs working after compiling the 6.1.25 kernel and installing the debian bookworm zfs-dkms.

I have installed openmediavault 6.x and it worked, but the deb package for omv-zfs didnt compile, so I switched to omv 7.x and I was able to install and load it, but it fails using the omv ui.
If I try to mount a zfs filesystem I do get an error message:

400 - Bad Request
id: The value "storage001" does not match exactly one schema of [{"type":"string","format":"fsuuid"},{"type":"string","format":"devicefile"}].

It seems there is a problem with the omv-zfs package from OMV-Extras, next I will try out the latest version maybe that helps.