Hello,

Due to living in student housing at a university, I cannot plug my CM3588 into my wifi router for local access. I think the appropriate thing to do is to use a Wi-Fi chip to connect to the university Wi-Fi itself. I cannot connect with the ethernet.

I purchased a wifi antenna from Amazon with the RTL8821AU chipset, which is supported as per the wiki.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P5 ... =UTF8&th=1.
I have tried using nmcli and it does register that there is an antenna. I think this means that the drivers are supported and native to the system.

I have verified that this adapter works using another windows PC. It was automatic and super seamless.

I'm working from a fresh installation of the Ubuntu jammy desktop, not the minimal one.

The critical issue is that the network scanning does not work. nmcli recognizes the chips, but fails to show any networks. It also does not show my phone's hotspot when it is active.

How can I get the wifi chip working? How can I get it to at least show networks? Since wired is not an option for me, wireless internet is the only option, which means I must use a wifi antenna. I need help setting up the configuration for this wifi antenna or understanding as to why this option might not work.